Tuesday, October 7, 2014

SEP 30 - OCT 6 SEMANA 24 EN EL CAMPO MISIONAL CONCEPCION, CHILE

Hey, momma, my dad, and Pan!

¡ME VOY A LONGAVI! 

As I mentioned, I'm leaving Lorenzo Arenas after six months of being here, and heading to LONGAVI, a pueblito en el campo --- in the country! I'll be companions with Elder Mariano, a Brazilian missionary who is super funny and medio loco! He was in Pedro de Valdivia when I had a mini cambio there two cambios ago, and we had a blast.

I'm sad to leave all of the amazing people that I have had the blessing to meet these past six months here in Lorenzo Arenas, but I am also super excited to get to know another part of this beautiful country and to meet other amazing people that are waiting in Longavi. I have a lot of packing to do, and I'm just a little anxious of the huge change that awaits, but more than anything I am super excited to continue my mission there!

This past week, itself, has been a great last week in Conce! It was a huge blessing to attend all of the General Conference sessions Saturday and Sunday in Gleisner, our stake center here in Concepción. I was able to listen to the prophet, his counselors, the Twelve Apostles, and other leaders of the church, again, in a country foreign to my own. Six months ago I was in México, and watching Conference there. Elder Archibald, my companion from México was here with me, too, this time in Chile, and it was awesome to reflect on these past six months between conferences.

I am very grateful for the blessing it is to have a living prophet of God in these latter-days. I am grateful that I have the blessing of receiving his guidance, even here in Chile. I am also, of course, grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord here. I know this Church is true. I know this Church is the Church of Jesus Christ, restored and again here on the Earth to lead and guide God's beloved children back to Him. As Elder Bednar explained in Conference, I don't just invite these people to know a church, save that I have had spiritual, converting experiences that have affirmed to me that this is true. 

Ok, family, I love you! I have a lot to do back in the sector, and a lot ahead. ;)

Amor de su misionero,
Elder Trent Sellers

Marcelo jumped too high celebrating a goal playing FIFA against his little brother and punched a hole in his ceiling! haha

¡Bacán! Amadeo has taught me so many Chilean modismos (sayings) in all the time I've known him, and so bought me a book full of them! His wife is not a member, yet, but she is super nice and I hope she will be taught by the elders sometime in the future.

The missionaries of Lorenzo Arenas, as depicted by Obispo Rivas

The missionaries of Lorenzo Arenas, as depicted by Obispo Rivas

Zone t-shirts!

Zone t-shirts!

Zone t-shirts!

Attack of the pterodactyl! There's a park of dinosaurs here that we came across contacting people in between sessions by the stake center!

¡Hola, Conce!

¡Compañeros!

Vista hermosa

¡Hola, Conce!

One last trip up the hill!

One last trip up the hill!

One last trip up the hill!

Swinging in the park

Swinging in the park

No comments:

Post a Comment