Monday, July 21, 2014

JUL 15 - JUL 21 SEMANA 13 EN EL CAMPO MISIONAL, CONCEPCION, CHILE

Ok, I still had a little bit to respond to from last week. ;)

Other than the games that Chile played in, we didn't have to stay inside during the World Cup. Even the last few games, including the very last final between Argentina and Alemanía (Germany in Spanish!). We did happen to be inside during that one because it was our time to plan. I was actually hoping for Alemanía, as my good friend Elder Medina is Argentino and was becoming a little too fanático. ;) Argentinos are pretty prideful people haha, but I love them!

So instead of the luggage, I had Elder Withers sign my guitar. :D I was thinking about it and I am going to have each of my companions sign my guitar throughout the mission. It will be really neat. :)


NOW, THE PACKAGES..

THANK YOU, MOMMA AND MY DAD!!! I was so preoccupied in emailing last week that I forgot to send the pictures that I took and THANK YOU for everything! Gosh, opening those was so great! Cualquier dulce y treat and some of my most favorite things. :) Thank you, momma. I loved everything and I am going to send some pictures in a few.   Transfers went well!! Elder Requena is a great guy, and patient, too, fortunately for me haha. Having a Chilean companion is an amazing experience, being completely surrounded by the language almost all of the day. I'm picking up the Castellano (Spanish language here), and learning a little bit every day. Seeing as Elder Requena is new to the sector, I also had the opportunity to do the majority of planning this week. That has been a cool experience --- a lot more work but a really good test of how well I know the sector and an opportunity to work really where I feel is best. 

Yeah, so Elder Withers was able to make it to his new sector, Santa Sabina, ok! Hermano Mella (a member for the longest time and super, super awesome) helped us get to the bus terminal and, seeing as Elder Wither's new sector was close, we helped them get their luggage to their house.

Also...¡CONI SE BAUTIZÓ! Coni was baptized yesterday by her tío, our Obispo Rivas, and was confirmed right after. It was a really sweet experience, having a lot of her family there to support her. Her great grandmother, grandmother, tía, and her sang a hymn together during the service, before her baptism. It was really nice, and the Spirit was strong. Also to note, and pictures maybe to come later, the baptism font FLOODED! I'll have to explain that one when I have more time... :O All was well, though!

Ok, going to send photos..

Dos boxes from home. Yippie!

Lots of new stuff!

Love my Orlando Magic shirt!

Go Magic 

My Selfie!
Mini cambio with Elder Hualinga in Pedro De Valdivia! Elder Hualinga left this transfer for a different sector.

Mini cambio with Elder Hualinga in Pedro De Valdivia! Elder Hualinga left this transfer for a different sector.


 
El Río Bío Bío


We visited Lonco, the richest part of the mission


Lonco, the richest part of the mission

 
CAMBIOS. Elder Withers, mi papa, se fue 


CAMBIOS: Vino mi compañero nuevo Elder Requena, un Chileno con 17 meses en la misión.
 
Welcome to English Class! For English Class this past Saturday, we took a "trip" to McDonald's and taught our student Grace about food. This week we are going to order food. ;) To note: not everything we taught would be on a McDonald's menu haha.


English Class




 
¡Coni, la sobrina de nuestro Obispo Riva, SE BAUTIZÓ!


 
¡Coni, la sobrina de nuestro Obispo Riva, SE BAUTIZÓ!


 
¡Coni, la sobrina de nuestro Obispo Riva, SE BAUTIZÓ!


 
For Aldo! Thank you, Bella Italia Restorante & Pizzeria, y ¡SALUDOS DE CHILE! 

 
Love my  hat from Aldo at Orlando's Bella Italia Restorante & Pizzeria



No comments:

Post a Comment