Monday, December 15, 2014

DEC 9 - DEC 15 SEMANA 34 EN EL CAMPO MISIONAL CONCEPCION, CHILE

¡Que fantástica, la semana, mi familia!

¡TEORY SE BAUTIZÓ!

After moving back her baptism from el 29 de Noviembre, Teory Yañez Romero was baptized this Saturday, el 13 de Diciembre, and I was given the great opportunity to baptize her. :) Teory is 33, a mother and grandma, and one of the most alegre, happiest people I know. After investigating for more than 10 years and coming to know the Church through her mom Hermana Carmen and two brothers, she was baptized and later confirmed a member Sunday morning by Elder Mariano.

She had been taught everything multiple times before. Something, though, made the difference, and after so much time she came to the decision to finally be baptized. As she explained it to us, nothing had really changed. She had seen how the members of the Church were, and the difference that the Church had made for her family, and she had come to know it was true. 

That is another testimony to me that, although we need to study and understand the teachings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the greatest and most convincing evidence is found in the blessings that we receive as families. Everything in the Gospel, and the reason I am spending this Christmas away from sunny Florida, is to bring happiness and joy to other families. I can't tell you how many blessings I have received in this, my own family.

Now, even when I'll be away this Christmas, it's going to be a good one!

After the busy week this week, we have a lot planned coming up. Tuesday, the 23rd, we are going to have an entire MISSION CONFERENCE for Christmas in Chillán. We are going to be leaving from Linares early that morning, making an hour trip to Chillán to get together with the entire mission (some 250 élders and hermanas, más o menos) to celebrate Christmas! 

The 24th and 25th, we'll be spending a majority of the time with la familia Cárcamo, la familia of our Branch President! More on that later. Momma and my dad, again, anytime after 4:00PM our time (I believe we're two hours ahead) will be great to SKYPE Christmas Day! ;)

Que tenga una semana super buena, mi familia.

I'm still working on ideas for Christmas cards...they're not going to arrive in time but I'm still going to do something!

Mucho amor de su misionero,

Elder Trent Sellers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment