Sunday, September 21, 2014

SEP 9 - SEP 15 SEMANA 21 EN EL CAMPO MISIONAL CONCEPCION, CHILE



Hey, momma, my dad, and Pan!

It has been a good past week! This week included interviews with President Arrington (my second, or really third interview with him since being here in the mission) and our Día de Servicio in the Cementerio General de Concepción that we had on Saturday. On Friday I completed, month to month, SIX MONTHS in the mission! Isn't that crazy?! I arrived in the CCM in México on March 12, and have now been in Chile for these four cambios. The mission is a continuous blessing, and things are going well. I am really beginning to pick up the Español now! Maybe I'm not completely fluent, but I've been living here for long enough to get around well. ;)

Ok, don't have too much more time. This week is going to be quite the week with the DIECIOCHO! All of the Chilenos are beginning to put out their banderas (flags), and there are plenty to be found! Chilenos celebrate the entire week, and there is not going to be a shortage of food. ;) It's going to be a really fun week, and I will be sure to tell you all about it next week!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aunt Dee today!

Ok, love you, my family!

Mucho amor,
su Elder Trent Sellers
When we went to President Arrington's apartment for interviews this week, the nana of the mission made us this postre that reminded me so much of mom's pumpkin bars! Still miss those, momma! ;)


Love those pumpkin bars!

View from President Arrington's home --- that is El Río Bío Bío!

View from President Arrington's home --- that is El Río Bío Bío!

The site of the Concepción, Chile temple, where it will be built. A few of the palms seen here will supposedly be used by the temple, as shown in concept art.

That's Conce Sur over on the other side of the river

Hillside. Mountainside to me!

Mission President's home!

Mission President's home!

On Saturday, September 13, we had a Día de Servicio at the Cementerio General in Lorenzo Arenas! Missionaries from all of the zones in the inner part of the mission came to participate, as well as members from the five barrios of our estaca. We cleaned graves, and picked up trash all around the cemetery. We wore jerseys as Manos Mormonas Que Ayudan (Mormon Helping Hands). ;)

Back side

This morning we played volleyball and fútbol as a zone in Talcahuano!

I played arquero (goalie)! I'm still learning a lot about fútbol! haha.

This morning we played volleyball and fútbol as a zone in Talcahuano!


No comments:

Post a Comment