Monday, August 25, 2014

AUG 19 - AUG 25 SEMANA 18 EN EL CAMPO MISIONAL, CONCEPCION, CHILE


Hello, my dad, momma, and pan!

Everything's going well here in Chile! 

And there's NO CAMBIOS this time for Elder Requena and I!

We received the call this morning that we'll both be staying in the sector! Elder Medina is leaving to Linares. We'll miss our Ché Querido. He's such a funny guy. So this means that I will be in Lorenzo Arenas for the next six weeks, which includes a service activity in the cementary on September 13th, EL 18 DE SEPTIEMBRE, and La Conferencia General at the very end of the cambio! There's a lot to look forward to these next few weeks!

This past week has been a great one. This weekend we had STAKE CONFERENCE! It was my first stake conference in Chile, and my first stake conference in a completely foreign language. It was awesome! We traveled to the chapel in Gleisner, in Centro, Saturday night for the adult session and Sunday morning for the general session. We received some great counsel from the stake presidency, which actually includes an hermano from our ward: Presidente Tapia! It was fun gathering with all the other missionaries in this zone.

Ok, I don't have much more time today because I sent a BUNCH of pictures. Quite a few are from our ward mission leader Hermano Del Río. You have to check out his Instagram: rick23delrio! He has a bunch from the barrio there! 

Ok, my family, got to get going! I love you and I miss you. I'm going to try to remember to tell you next week about the flooded font and the time recently when I had to kick a dog! haha oh gosh.

Ok, love you, family!

Amor de su misionero,
tu Elder Trent Sellers



Iyapu (the band is spelled something like that)

¡Cantamos canciones Chilenas!

Juzgamos
Los jueces

Presentamos los premios (we presented the awards!)

Premios

Sound man in Chile

Recibimos diplomas por nuestros esfuerzos

Monica Cuadra ganó

Judging!

Basketball in Chile
Basketball in Chile, with my great grandpa visiting!
Basketball in Chile, with my great grandpa visiting!
My great grandpa!

Elder Hepsworth has been home for about a year and a half, but came back to visit Chile with his little brother!

He is my "great grandpa" in the mission because he trained the trainer of my trainer. 

Elder Hepsworth trained Elder Catron.
Elder Catron trained Elder Withers.
Elder Withers trained me!

My bud, Elder Shumway! He's been our líder de zona for these past two cambios, and he goes home to Provo, Utah tomorrow!

My bud, Elder Shumway! He's been our líder de zona for these past two cambios, and he goes home to Provo, Utah tomorrow!
Arco iris en Chile!

Fernanda was baptized yesterday! She was taught by Elder Harrison and Elder Medina.

We celebrated Fernanda's baptism with milanesa, an Argentinian dish (fried meat) that is DELCIOUS! Elder Medina showed us how to prepare the meat and it turned out great!

Making SOPAIPILLAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment