Monday, April 13, 2015

APR 7 - APR 13 SEMANA 51 EN EL CAMPO MISIONAL CONCEPCION, CHILE

¡Buenas tardes, familia!

These last few days have been some of the most interesting of the mission.

My companion, Elder Moore, is being sent home today, honorably, for a problem that he has dealt with for the length of the mission. This morning the assistants came to pick him up, and with them brought my new companion Elder Hartvigsen. Elder Hartvigsen is from Alpine, Utah, has about seven months in the mission, and is my uncle (the last son of my grandpa in the mission). I am very excited to get to know him and continue the work Elder Moore and I have started. I will miss Elder Moore greatly, and wish him the very best. He has been an incredible companion, and these last few weeks with him have been the most humbling of the mission.

This cambio was preceded by a period of days in Concepción. Elder Moore and I spent three nights in the mission home with President and Sister Arrington, while we worked in the sector Pedro de Valdivia with the elders there and evaluated the situation. It was a very interesting experience, and a great one to come to understand all that President and Sister Arrington do for us missionaries here. Their schedule is incredible, and I admire them a whole lot.

After the cambio this morning, the assistents brought Elder Hartvigsen and I to Chillan to participate in an asado (barbeque) that we had between the three zones in Chillan. It was delicious, and a great start to a very sudden cambio! Elder Hartvigsen and I have already done a small tour of Chillan, and are finishing writing to making it back to Coihueco soon. I will be senior companion for the first time in the mission, and am very humbled by that. There is a lot to do this week, and it will be an incredibly new experience. Tomorrow we have a Conferencia de Zona (hopefully the package will arrive, momma!), and this Saturday we have a special conference/broadcast with Elder Oaks who will be speaking from Santiago.

A special thank you to Sister Stokes, Grannie and Papa, and Aunt Dee for the financial help this week. Thank you, very, very much. I will use it wisely! 

I love you, my family. Thank you for all of your support and love which I feel even here. I love you!

Mucho amor de un misionero en Coihueco, Chile,
Elder Trent Sellers


P.S. Mother's Day is coming soon! Getting Skype plans together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment