Monday, October 5, 2015

SEP 29- OCT 5 SEMANA 76 EN EL CAMPO MISIONAL

¡¿Escucharon?!

It was a tremendous blessing to listen once again to a prophet's voice! The 185th Semi-Annual General Conference was well-attended, even thousands of miles away in the southern, American continent in Chile. Elder Fuentealba and I did what we could to invite all those we are currently teaching to attend and listen to President Monson and the Twelve Apostles. We made small invitations towards the end of the week to give to a number of the recent converts and less-actives we're visiting, and gave the invitation to a number of unknown people we came across in the streets. Fernanda, a 10-year-old daughter of a less-active Hermana Lorena who we're teaching, attended Sunday morning with her mom and her grandparents. Her grandpa, who is from another ward in the stake, will baptize her in two weeks on the day of the groundbreaking of the Concepción Temple. It was a blessing to see her there, along with other less-active members who attended! Hermano David and his family watched from the home of his cousin.

Elder Fuentealba and I finished our missionary fun listening to the inspired words of all those who spoke. I was uplifted by every message, but especially found inspiration in the talks of President Uchtdorf, Elder Hales, Elder Holland, President Eyring, and President Monson. I took notes of every speaker in every session. My general conference notes will be greatly treasured from the mission. We watched the conference in our stake center in Villa Acero.

After such a conference, I am ready for another week of hard missionary fun in this, the Lord's work. I love you, my family, and wish you a wonderful week. If you weren't able to listen to the Conference, may I suggest looking for it on lds.org.

A special FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS from this past week to my buddy Aaron! ;) The Jake to my Elwood!

Mucho amor de su misionero en Chile,

Elder Sellers

Aaron at Trent's baptism. Feliz cumpleanos Aaron!

No comments:

Post a Comment