Friday, May 22, 2015

MAY 12 - MAY 18 SEMANA 56 EN EL CAMPO MISIONAL CONCEPCION, CHILE

¡Buena semana nueva, familia mía!

I'm happy to be able to say everything is well in Coihueco, and that Elder Hartvigsen and I have had our work cut out for us!

We were able to see a number of less-active members come to Church after a long time on Sunday - namely, la hermana Nelly, who recently lossed her husband after a sudden medical problem. We were able to arrange plans for her and another less-active family to come to church, and Elder Hartvigsen and I actually went on divisions with Ariel, a 20 year old recent convert of a year, and Francisco, who just got back from his mission in Puerto Alegre, Brasil, and who is our ward mission leader, to look for a number of people and bring them to the chapel. It was great to be able to do our part to bring la gente to church in this small branch. :)

The entire week saw a lot of success in itself, and we were able to follow up with Luis, the single father, and his son Yeison, as well as Lisette, the 9 year old daughter of a member returning to be active who has wanted to be baptized. We are working hard to help them, and will do all that we can this week to bring them closer to the Savior.

I'm very grateful for these recent weeks in Coihueco, and for the blessing to see progress in the branch after much time here. After more than 3 months, I feel like I know almost the entire pueblo here!

I really do come to love the people.

Of course, I do think about my own beloved family all the time. :)

I hope you all have a great coming week, and use the time as wisely as a missionary!

Mucho amor,

Elder Trent Sellers

SNACK TIME, YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment